Proven Results To Rank Your Website Using Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a compelling strategy used by digital marketers across the world to rank their website in search engine results.
On an average, the amount spent by brands and agencies in the US for web SEO services in the year 2018 is estimated to be $72.02 billion, and it may rise to $79.27 billion by 2020. (Source: Borrell Associates)
If you’re into an online business and want your website to rank in search engine results using search engine optimization technique. Then this article can help you to get clear idea where you can work out to get organic traffic to your website.
First know, what is Search Engine Optimization?
Whenever you search something, search engine follows some search algorithm to provide the desired result for your search. Google search engine optimization SEO is all about understanding the different algorithm Google follows in ranking the pages in search engines. For doing this, digital marketers follow Off page and On page SEO strategies.
In On page SEO strategies, marketers include some terms which assist the search engine to determine which page must rank for which keyword. To do this, marketers/web developers do alterations in website content, add a unique cocktail of website code, technical indicators, and keywords.
Off page SEO optimization is the efforts marketers apply outside of your website to raise the position of your website in search engine results. It mainly involves promotional methods to build quality links to the website and social media.
Your purpose of ranking higher will get when your web page has enough information which satisfies to web audience query with a proper answer.
The keywords which you use for your web page might be used by some other people to rank their web page. Means for a single web page you have lots of competitors to list on search engine results. So how can you get your web page at the top? It’s straightforward, maintain the quality of the content and provide the information which your keywords describe. Search engine ranks the web page according to the quality of information they retain for that particular keyword. It’s one of the only factors which I mentioned here. Many other factors are there which search optimization consider while ranking a website. Will discuss in this article.
Role of search engine optimization in optimising your website.
You might have thought why SEO, social media is enough to rank in search engine. You’re right that social media can help you get listed in search engine results, but it’s only for limited time. You can’t find your article in social media after some months. To optimise a page for months and even for years in search engine results Search engine optimization is the strategy that works for you. As long as your content is relevant to the keyword, it will rank in the search result. Now you’re clear with the role of SEO in optimising your website.
Before discussing SEO lets first know why ranking in Google matters to you.
Google is the most visited platform in the world and if you can grab some of the Google traffic to your website is enough to fulfil the purpose of your business.
Till July 2018, 90.46% of web audience use Google as a search engine. Bing is 3.13%, and Yahoo is 2.21%. (Source: gs.statcounter.com)
Now the question comes what’s the actual procedure to optimise the content and get your website rank in Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other search engine results. Let’s discuss them in detail:
Optimise your site before posting a content
Content is not the only factor which search engines consider for ranking a site as mentioned before. There are many other factors which taken into account to rank a webpage. Website optimization is one of the elements under which a number of factors considered like speed and authority.
Website loading time plays the primary role in engaging your audience. Web audience always has lots of options to switch from one link to another link of the website. If your site takes more than the usual time they leave your site. Website responsive speed helps to increase the downloads, conversions and views.
Let’s discuss what you can do to increase the speed of your website.
- Use a CDN (Content Delivery Network) to save up to 60% bandwidth and half the number of requests your website makes. It reduces the load on the single server and protects sites from traffic spikes and DDoS attacks.
- The time browser takes to locate your site depend on the DNS speed.
- Don’t go for the option which provides you with cheap hosting. Upgrade yourself from shared hosting to a VPS or from a VPS to a dedicated server for a better experience.
- The amount of time takes for loading a page spent in downloading the parts of the page like stylesheets, scripts and images. For every on-page elements, an HTTP request made. So reducing on page elements will help to load the page fast.
- Minify your files by removing unnecessary formatting, extra spaces, line breaks, codes, white spaces and indentation.
- Minimise time to the first byte which is the time a browser waits before getting its first byte of data from the server. You can see this time either from chrome developer tools or a third party tool.
- Compress the files to reduce page size concerning size and percentage with the help of a tool like Gzip.
- Reduce the number of plugins, redirects image size, and external scripts on the website.
Search engines look for how much your content relevant and from how long you’re creating this type of content. Consider promoting your content from a reputation standpoint.
Mobile friendly website
People are spending maximum free time on mobiles, and this transformation in customer experience has left the marketers with the only option to build a mobile-friendly site.
What’s the next step? All about your content
Consider these simple points about your content before taking it to live.
- The content you write must be informative and to the point to the readers.
- The keywords which you use should be relevant to the content and shouldn’t insert forcefully.
- Use internal links as your previous articles for the reference.
- Use external links wherever you feel necessary.
- Provide stats and reference to the information you provided.
- Use headlines and appealing title which describes the content.
- Make use of images to describe your point if necessary use at least one image as featured image.
- Use title in the way people search for and include the keyword in the title.
- The content should not be below 300 words. The average Word count of content that top on the results is 1,890 words. (Source: backlinko.com)
- Choose a specific topic and describe it in depth that makes people more interesting to read.
- Do your research on problems people have and provide a possible solution to it.
- Don’t write articles to keep your blog live.
- Create content which satisfies the marketing funnel to make your buyers journey smoother.
- Make your content in such a way that fulfil the purpose of readers.
- Don’t go for quantity; it’s okay to publish one per month with quality information.
- Make your content free from any errors.
After finishing with content, it’s time to share
Once you have completed with your write-ups, spread it across different social media platform. Develop a network with profiles who have huge followers. Try to spread your content in your network and your connections network across different social media platforms. Make your content reach the people, who are looking for this kind of information. Google gives priority to the content which is recommended by others. For example: If you want to buy something you will give priority to those things which are recommended by the persons who are already using it. Similarly, if someone shares your content, it means that they found something informative in your content that can help others, so they are sharing with others to know about it.
It’s not that simple, how it sounds.
How can you grow your social network?
These are some determined ideas that can help you to enhance your social network:
Put in influencer marketing
Influencers can assist you in getting the right audience for your website. You can take this for a short-term trial and analyse the results.
Don’t depend on a single platform
People keep on changing their priority, and to run in parallel with them, you need to make your presence in different social media platforms. If you can establish your presence on multiple platforms, it is fruitful for you.
Engage your customers
Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram from that you can get sharing and engagement for your post. If you can able to manage to give a quick response to the comments and engage the users with your comments, people are more likely to pay attention to your every post.
Go with a paid social media campaign
Social media campaign provides you with lots of options to target the audience. Helps you in generating look-alike also a custom audience for your content.
Analysis of your efforts
Whatever the marketing strategy you utilised for promoting your content measure its success. Different analysis tools are available from Google Analytics, Facebook insights, twitter analytics and many more to puzzle out what’s effective and what’s not.
Make a unique identity of your brand
Get into deep for some specific topic and make your style. People don’t want to read or browse the things which they already know.
Find prolific ways to fascinate people
Innovate new ideas to attract people and engage them with you. Make your audience your ambassadors to promote you.
Search engine optimization is one of the digital marketing strategies that can bring organic traffic to your website.
Ranking in search engine results from a vast number of the web pages is not something that you can’t achieve.
Implementing the above SEO optimisation strategies such as optimising website speed, drafting content and sharing of content can help you to reach to your right audience.
Put into practice these SEO analysis ideas and please reply with your know-how with us!